External . . .
- Attracting quality instructors, personnel, and teachers
- Students coming to school prepared to learn
- Community commitment to common goals
- Family structure/situations which detract from learning
- A politically active community
- Expand tax base
Learning . . .
- Parent and community involvement
- Support for school from home
- Communication and partnerships between school, home, community/a learning community
- Developing trust and high expectations between teacher and students
- Climate that encourages trust and high achievement
- Teacher-student expectations
- Professional development
- Qualified instructors
- Expanded range and availability of support services (guidance and other counseling services)
Supporting . . .
- Train and retain effective personnel
- Parent and community awareness and support
- Trust between administrators, teachers and students
- Continuous curriculum development for relevancy
- Technology training
- Safety and security